Today was one of those days that takes to long to come to an end. Just a mixture of whining children, unappreciative husband, endless messes, and a dash of PMS. On days like this it is nice to see just a glimmer of my efforts shine through. Today my little ray of light was my sweet little Trinity. She was so sweetly tucking in a few of her many dolls/stuffed animals into a homemade little bed she had so carefully erected in the family room. As she individually arranged each in her place she kissed them so softly and whispered, "I love you, stay asleep, k." Just like I do.
So, I am glad that even on bad days, when mommy yells a little more, She remembers the nice things I do and say. Although we have had our share of days when dolls get put in timeout and scolded, such as, "you're just a brat" and "listen to me!" and so on.
BATH TIME
Today was also the first day of co-bathing. Hmmm. They sure looked cute, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I do like that it allows me to save a little time, but I am a germ-a-phobe, and I know that Trinity has quit peeing the tub, but Elli hasn't. Also Elli still sucks the water out of the wash cloth. EEWWW! Little girls get very dirty playing outside all day. Oh well, I guess it just makes their immunities stronger :)
4 comments:
You are an sweet little mommy, and you have and always will be my "Rae of Sunshine".
I'm glad you were able to find something to smile about. Maybe Trinity was trying to tell you what everyone else already knows: that you're a wonderful mother! I hope today's going a bit better! And I love that picture of Elli on the side of your blog. She's so dainty.
Oh, and I bet you're right about Connor having gotten counting mouse bones into his head because of your dad--it makes perfect sense!
i feel ya on one of those days! seems every one is having them lately! maybe we're all getting a little stir crazy or something.. i wish the wind would stop! you're doing so good with this blogging thing. it's nice to see what you guys are up to!
Aw, Trin is so cute! I can't wait to come see you guys! Hopefully I can give you a little break from the stresses of being a mom, and you can give me a break from the stresses of being a student :)
Post a Comment