Sunday, April 20, 2008

a love of books...and not always of little sisters


While enjoying an afternoon of story time, we had a slight disaster.


Poor Trinity's heart was practically broken. "Mommy I don't like it when she rips my books!" (I don't think it helped the situation that me and Alex were trying not laugh. Notice that her other hand coming up to cover her face from the camera. I'm so mean. Hehe.)

All Better. Mommy saves the day!



Eliana is fascinated with books and loves to feel the pages and then taste them. We also has another incident this week where Elli ate half a page out of Trin's, Olivia Helps with Christmas book, which made Trinity say, "She's just a pinche sister, huh." (pinche is a spanish curse word) I guess I better be careful what words I teach my children. oops.:)

7 comments:

Kalli said...

Oh sad! I think I probably would have cried with Trinity, especially because I gave her the Olivia book :( Thank goodness there is such a thing as tape, eh?

Tay said...

well, i guess there are other words you could have taught Trinity... :)

jes said...

trinity is so cute! the things they pick up huh! everything is so dramatic! then 2 seconds later they are just as happy as can be.. we get that around our house too!:)

Summer said...

Poor girl! Is that "If You Give a Pig a Pancake"? My boys like those books too. I think toddlers relate to them because the animals are always so BUSY, moving from one thing to another at lightening speed and leaving a huge mess in their wake. I have to say, it's always nice to find out mine aren't the only kids who've learned to swear. :)

Brady Nixon said...

Angela!!!
Oh my heck! Thank you so much for posting on our blog! I LOVE it when old students find us and drop us a note. I especially liked your previous post about how much you love being a mom -- a reformed wild child. I knew it was always in you!

Angela said...

Hey Angela! Thanks for your comment:) I am so glad to read your blog and know that my little Jade is NOT the only child who has a problem repeating certain words...haha! Your girls are beautiful! Where are you living these days?

jilliann said...

ahahaha. that cracks me up.
Your little girl is fluent in spanish curse words?!?!! hahaha. good times, good times. if Mrs. Kelleher could only see us now.