Thursday, September 4, 2008

hOt SaLsA-- made by HoT mAmA's

Somehow my mother, who loves to cook, talked me, who doesn't love to cook, into making SALSA with her today. Well, it wasn't too bad, but I really am very amazed at women, like my Aunt Cindy, who can... and can.... and can some more.



I honestly skinned & chopped tomatoes for 2+ hours, with the help of my Trin.

Who enjoyed her reward for being such a good helper peeling tomatoes.




















Grandma roasted, peeled and chopped the peppers, onions, and made the salsa taste exquisite!
















Mixing the goods.....





















Almost done!


















Taking time for a break while the salsa was pressurizing.




















Wa-La! Finished product. yummy!!















This was my first attempt at canning-- & I'm sure not my last. Even though cooking isn't a favorite past time of mine, I do however enjoy reaping the rewards by stuffing my face with the finished product.

4 comments:

Summer said...

How funny, I just put a cooking post on my blog too--we think alike. I'm so sorry we missed the birthday party. I don't want to go into things here on the Internet, but suffice it to say that Saturday was not a good day. I'll explain later. I feel really bad about flaking out and not calling or anything--I'm so very sorry.

Your salsa looks delicious! I love Karen's salsa!

Kalli said...

So... you're sending me some of that, right?

It looks awesome! And I love all the pics :)

The Baum Squad said...

so is any of the canned salsa for sale? or can i adopt your mother? i really need someone to hold my hand in the kitchen, especially when glass jars & pressure cookers are involved. Very impressive. And yes those are two hot mamas.

jilliann said...

I love making salsa! I like to experiment in the kitchen though so maybe that's why... but salsa is one of my favorites!